Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Project Space Marine continues



I got some hobby time in last night, and did a little work on these two.  Continuing on from the last post, I've put down the base colors on all the little bits.  Charadon Granite was used for the metal bits, Mechrite Red was used for the red bits, Iyanden Darksun for the yellow, and Dheneb Stone for the skulls and purity seals.




First layer highlights..  Bad Moon Yellow for the yellow.  Blood Red for the red.  Codex Grey for the grey.  A wash over the purity seals and skulls with Devlan Mud.


The grey and red got a wash of Badab Black.  The yellow got a highlight of Skull White/Bad Moon Yellow.  The purity seals were highlighted with Dheneb Stone.  The skulls were highlihgted with Bleached Bone.


I did a line highlight on the white armor using Skull White.  I would normally stop here, but I'm not quite happy with how the white turned out.  I need to go back with a darker color and build up to the highlight better.

That's it for now.


No comments:

Post a Comment