Search This Blog

Friday, August 13, 2010

Project Space Marine Breakdown pt.5: Cursed Renegade Squad

For those of you reading the blog for the first time, Project Space Marine is an army that I'm working on consisting of 151 Space Marines, each one from a different chapter.

The story behind the force is that it is an arm of the Ordo Xenos, a sort of Deathwatch-in-training force.  It will be led by an Inquisitor with a Librarian as the 2nd HQ.  I enjoy painting single models that don't necessarily belong to any army that I have, and I wanted a way to have an army of random single models.

All 17 Force Organization slots will be filled with infantry.  The chapters that I have found particularly interesting or inspiring will be placed in the more elite squads or hold a higher rank in the tactical squads.





For the 5th Tactical Squad in the force, I placed chapters that were either from the cursed 21st Founding, or were chapters that had turned renegade.

The squad will be led by a Sergeant from the Fire Hawks chapter (pictured above).


Also in the squad will be:




Black Dragons






Exectutioners












Lamenters



Mantis Warriors









Minotaurs




Relictors













Sons of Antaeus




Soul Drinkers








Tiger Claws




I'm sure there are several of you out there that may disagree with putting renegade chapters along with loyalist along with pre-heresy chapters together.  To that, I say, "Sorry, they'll look cool together."

3 comments:

  1. "To that, I say, "Sorry, they'll look cool together.""

    Amen to that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool project you're working on! Are you using any sort of squad insignia or markings to help keep track of which marines are in each unit?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I plan on having an insignia on the right shoulder pad of each marine. I could make slight variations for each squad.

    That's a good idea, thanks!

    ReplyDelete