Search This Blog

Monday, July 25, 2011

Tournament of Championship wrap-up

The winner received this (somewhat) coveted trophy.
This past weekend we held the 2nd annual Tournament of Championship on the south side of Indy.  Attendance was a bit scarce due to the fact that there were 2 other tournaments that day, but a good time was had by all.

The run-down was as such:


Generalship:
1st - Dustin S - Blood Angels
2nd - Eric H - Orks
3rd - Nate H - Chaos Marines

Painting:
1st - Nate H - Chaos Marines
2nd - Steve B - Chaos Marines
3rd - Eric H - Orks

Sporstmanship:
1st - Eric H
2nd - Matt S
3rd - John L

Overall:
1st - Eric H - Orks
2nd - Nate H - Chaos Marines
3rd - John L - Witch Hunters

If anyone wants to know the complete break-down: e-mail me at:  indy40k {at} gmail {dot} com

Some pictures of the event:
Nurgle Terminators try to give the Blood Angels a what-for.  Mephiston is not amused.

Grey Knight Paladins Drop into the face of the enemy.


The Imperial Guard form a gun-line in hopes of holding off an Ork horde.

Deathwing Terminators deep strike in to clear an area of heretical Witch Hunters (the Deathwing were my ringer army).

Obliterators castle up whilst their Daemon Princes hide, er...wait for the right moment to strike.

Each entrant got a bag of goodies from us at Indy 40k and Secret Weapon Miniatures.

I wanted to thank everyone that came out to the tournament.  We had a great time running it, and I hope that everyone had a good time playing in it.  I also wanted to thank our sponsors, who threw in some really good prize support:  The Game Preserve, Blue Moon Games, and Secret Weapon Miniatures.

5 comments:

  1. Scotty, Dodger3, Steve Bradford, and Myself were all up in Kokomo.

    I wish I could have made both tourneys. Glad you guys had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could have gone up to Kokomo. Hopefully, the tournament up there was just as good if not better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. kokomo was a furnace. no AC, so it was a 9 hour sweat fest. decent time, but by about halfway through everyone was pretty much out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I retract my previous statement. I'm not sorry I couldn't make it :) The room was so cold on Saturday, that I had to turn the AC up a few degrees to keep from freezing people out :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. "The room was so cold on Saturday…"

    i hate you.

    ReplyDelete